Custom Design Process
Phase 1 –Overall Design. We will need you to supply us with a floor plan sketch, pictures of exterior design styles you like, and the approximate square footage requirements. Payment of 50% is due with acceptance of the quote.
Phase 2 – Plan Development. We will provide you with the fully dimensioned floor plans for zone layout and approval; with the approval of the preliminary layout we will finish the full construction drawings. These are then provided to you as PDF via email for approval –at this point we will tweak the plans to get every detail to your liking. Phase 2 can take 3-5 drafts working back and forth to refine the design.
Construction drawings will include:
- Foundation Plan: Slab, Crawlspace, Basement or Walkout Basement
- Floor Plans: Each floor plan showing the dimensioned locations of walls, doors, and windows
- Electrical Plans: schematic electrical layout
- All 4 Elevations: the exterior elevations (front, rear, right andleft) that show and describe the finished materials of the house.
- Cross Section
- Typical Details
- Window and Door Schedule
- Roof Overview Plan: This is a "bird's eye" view showing the roof slope, ridges, valley and any saddles
Phase 3 – Final Approval & Delivery. After the construction drawings are approved the remaining 50% is due. Upon receipt of the final payment we will print and ship you the entire project (three copies) and email the CAD file and the final PDF plans.
We are an internet based company, so we are adept at the practice of communications via email, fax, and sketches. We will walk with you through the design process to develop a plan that perfectly suits your needs. Note: custom plan designs are based on sketches and approximate square footage. Payment is in 2 parts 50% with placement of the order and 50% with final plan approval.